Coca-Cola hunts digital agency for water brand
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 April 2011 08:00AM
Glaceau Vitaminwater, the Coca-Cola owned brand, is looking for a digital agency to handle its advertising in Europe.
The Coca-Cola-owned soft drink contacted both roster and non-roster shops in the UK this week to invite them to compete for the business.
The brand is planning a major digital push with a focus on engaging its target market via social media. The online activity will centre mainly on the UK and Nordic regions.
Glaceau Vitaminwater has previously worked with agencies including Exposure. The shop created a UK digital and outdoor campaign in July last year highlighting the spectrum of colours used on the brand's packaging.
As part of the campaign a Facebook competition asked people to "show their vits" and "join the vit pack", for the chance to win prizes.
The brand has also used Facebook in the US to invite fans to design their own flavours as part of a competition last year that led to the creation of a new variant called Connect.
Previous advertising for the brand has caused controversy. The ASA banned two Glaceau Vitaminwater ads in 2008 which used the headlines "More muscles than Brussels" and "Keep perky when you're feeling murky".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30 - £38 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £37000 - £45000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London
- Digital Account Manger Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Payments Solutions Strategy Manager Stopgap £45000 - £65000 per annum, City of London