EasyJet gets in on Royal Wedding fever
Easyjet is jumping on the Royal Wedding bandwagon with a tactical press ad featuring a host of puns about its destinations.
The light-hearted ad, created by Publicis London, is running in national newspapers today and tomorrow.
The ad is based loosely on the love story between Prince William and Kate Middleton and includes double entendres that incorporate the airline's destinations.
The ad begins "When they first met he thought, I like her. I fancy her. Almeria. But people said you're Faro too young to get married. So they Split".
The prices for the flights to the destinations are displayed underneath the place names. The ad ends with the line "Enjoy the big day (but if you're Bordeaux of it all, we can help)".
Earlier this month it emerged the airline was set to appoint Chime Communications Group-owned agency Icon, ending its relationship with Publicis. The agency will however continue to work with the airline for the next few months.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London