Agency Republic nets Vodafone task
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 May 2011 11:05AM
Vodafone has appointed Agency Republic to handle the digital advertising related to a new product sector that the brand is moving into.
The agency, which oversaw digital advertising for Vodafone's rival O2 before losing the account to VCCP last year, was appointed without a pitch.
Dare, which has worked with Vodafone since 2007, remains Vodafone's digital agency of record, with Agency Republic appointed to work on the specific product area. Vodafone declined to comment on which area of its business Agency Republic will be working.
This week, Vodafone signed up to sponsor a fleet of London taxis, providing cabs with phone chargers and passengers with the opportunity to pay their fare with a mobile phone.
Vodafone has used taxis in the past to promote its services and its Formula One sponsorship, using cabs in 2009 in "Taxi Grand Prix", an online fantasy racing game by Dare.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London