Albion picks up £10m Wonga.com
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 May 2011 11:15AM
Wonga.com, the short-term loans company whose advertising activity has been attacked for "trivialising" high-interest-rate loans, has appointed Albion to handle its estimated £10 million integrated advertising account.
The agency won the business after a review process, which also involved the previous incumbent, DTV Group.
Albion will be responsible for handling Wonga's advertising activity, as well as its digital, direct marketing and social media work.
Last year, Wonga spent around £4 million on advertising in the UK. However, it is expected to more than double that amount this year.
A heavy user of TV advertising, Wonga also sponsors Blackpool FC and partnered with Transport for London to sponsor free Tube travel last New Year's Eve.
Last July, Wonga's TV ads came under fire from the Advertising Standards Authority for "trivialising" the high interest rates applied to short-term loans.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - 6 Month Contract - West London - Retail Ninesharp Negotiable, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - CRM, direct mail, up to £27k The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £27k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Director Premier Media £60000 - £80000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Coordinator Dynamic New Alliances £23000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad