Albion picks up £10m Wonga.com
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 May 2011 11:15AM
Wonga.com, the short-term loans company whose advertising activity has been attacked for "trivialising" high-interest-rate loans, has appointed Albion to handle its estimated £10 million integrated advertising account.
The agency won the business after a review process, which also involved the previous incumbent, DTV Group.
Albion will be responsible for handling Wonga's advertising activity, as well as its digital, direct marketing and social media work.
Last year, Wonga spent around £4 million on advertising in the UK. However, it is expected to more than double that amount this year.
A heavy user of TV advertising, Wonga also sponsors Blackpool FC and partnered with Transport for London to sponsor free Tube travel last New Year's Eve.
Last July, Wonga's TV ads came under fire from the Advertising Standards Authority for "trivialising" the high interest rates applied to short-term loans.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- new business manager > INDEPENDENT YOUTH/EXPERIENTIAL/INTEGRATED AGENCY collectivo £20-25k + commission, Central London
- Corporate Designer Gemini Search £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior Sales Manager - TRAVEL - Programmatic Ultimate Asset £42000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits , City of London
- Commercial Head of Video - Global Brand Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + excellent benefits & amazing commission, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham