Albion picks up £10m Wonga.com
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 May 2011 11:15AM
Wonga.com, the short-term loans company whose advertising activity has been attacked for "trivialising" high-interest-rate loans, has appointed Albion to handle its estimated £10 million integrated advertising account.
The agency won the business after a review process, which also involved the previous incumbent, DTV Group.
Albion will be responsible for handling Wonga's advertising activity, as well as its digital, direct marketing and social media work.
Last year, Wonga spent around £4 million on advertising in the UK. However, it is expected to more than double that amount this year.
A heavy user of TV advertising, Wonga also sponsors Blackpool FC and partnered with Transport for London to sponsor free Tube travel last New Year's Eve.
Last July, Wonga's TV ads came under fire from the Advertising Standards Authority for "trivialising" the high interest rates applied to short-term loans.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment £NEG + BENEFITS, Hertfordshire
- DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, North West England
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers