Albion picks up £10m Wonga.com
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 May 2011 11:15AM
Wonga.com, the short-term loans company whose advertising activity has been attacked for "trivialising" high-interest-rate loans, has appointed Albion to handle its estimated £10 million integrated advertising account.
The agency won the business after a review process, which also involved the previous incumbent, DTV Group.
Albion will be responsible for handling Wonga's advertising activity, as well as its digital, direct marketing and social media work.
Last year, Wonga spent around £4 million on advertising in the UK. However, it is expected to more than double that amount this year.
A heavy user of TV advertising, Wonga also sponsors Blackpool FC and partnered with Transport for London to sponsor free Tube travel last New Year's Eve.
Last July, Wonga's TV ads came under fire from the Advertising Standards Authority for "trivialising" the high interest rates applied to short-term loans.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £50k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Graphic Designer Beyond The Book £DOE, Gloucestershire
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28K- £32K, London (Central), London (Greater)