Generation Media handed Tomy brief
Tomy, the toy and games company, has moved its £4 million media account to the specialist media planning and buying agency Generation Media.
The agency won the business from MediaCom without a pitch.
Generation Media will start work with Tomy on 1 July. Its first brief will be to support the launch of Tomy's Harry Potter range of toys, with a national cinema campaign to coincide with Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
MediaCom has worked with Tomy for nearly 15 years, and Dean Weller, the managing director of Generation Media, was part of the team that pitched for the business at MediaCom's predecessor, Media Business, in the 90s.
Weller said: "This is a major win for us, and gives us the opportunity to work on some great established brands as well as exciting new ones, including Teacup Piggies."
Weller said the win can make Generation Media the largest buying point for toys and games in the UK and Ireland.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- European Marketing Co-ordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Rugby
- Global Head of Trading-South Africa Lipton Fleming £90000 per annum + benefits, Johannesburg
- MW ARt Director Red Sofa London £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- SEO Executive - Award Winning Digital Marketing Agency ADLIB competitive, Oxford
- Junior Marketing FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?