My YouTube ad of the week: Kristof Fahy, William Hill
Campaign YouTube, Wednesday, 18 May 2011 12:21PM
Kristof Fahy reviews MTV Brasil
Kristof Fahy, group brand and marketing director, William Hill
Why I like this
Sometimes you just watch something. Then you have to watch it again. And, then again. And, then just once more. Then you start sending it to people. Well this is it. This ad for MTV Brasil is clever, smart, technically interesting and visually intriguing.
The animation sums up MTV’s range, style and overall attitude. A range of celebrities feature and there is some "darkness" in the animated story. And the music – well after a few views it is now firmly stuck in my head – and not a soundtrack you’d expect from MTV.
Yes, you can probably argue that MTV is an easy sell – but competition in the space for music and content is intense. And, in this film it has captured everything that is aspirational and attitudinal in MTV.
So after 21 years, MTV Brasil seems to have lost none of its attitude and appetite for creating strong creative imagery and messaging.
Wish I thought of
This kind of ad is a great reminder for brands to take a risk and deliver distinctive creative – especially when you can now reach audiences in so many ways.
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London