Diary: Don't be a smart-arse
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 May 2011 12:00AM
Diary is hearing murmurs of sartorial tension coming out of the top media haunt Soho House.
It sounds as though the sharp-suited media set are edging out the creative luvvies and the club's owners are attempting to introduce some sort of "dress down" code in a bid to preserve a more laid-back vibe. As a result, Soho House regulars, thought to include the best-dressed man in media, Channel 5's sales chief, Nick Bampton, have been warned that they should change into more casual attire and lose the ties. While it is unclear whether cravats are exempt from the clampdown, it seems that the media boys are willing to put up a fight for their right to look smart. We're looking forward to some West Side Story-style Jets versus Sharks stand-offs between media and creatives outside the club.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%