Pilsner Urquell launches 'Legends' online campaign
SABMiller is launching a global online animated ad for its Pilsner Urquell brand, based on a storybook-format and with a heavy social media element.
The ad campaign, 'The Legends of Pilsner Urquell,' created by The Bank, tells the story of the Pilsner brand in a storybook-style.
Launching this week across social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook and YouTube, the animated ad shows the seal of a storybook, 'The Legends of Pilsner Urquell', breaking to reveal a black and white three-dimensional view of the city of Pilsen, hometown of Pilsner.
The city soon becomes lighter after it creates the "world's first golden beer". The ad will launch globally, initially running in the UK, the Czech Republic, Italy and Poland.
The creative director behind the ad was Ryan Shaw, and the copywriter was Sean McCullough. The animators were Second Home Studios, while the ad was directed by Chris Randall.
Petr Dvorak, global brand director of Pilsner Urquell, said: "This legend 'The Day Pilsen Struck Gold,' is the story of how the finest of ingredients were married with passion and expertise to create the world's first golden beer – a precious discovery.
"The animation reflects the movement from dark into light – from a world of murky beers, to the clear and golden Pilsner Urquell. The town of Pilsen and the ingredients are heroed [sic] in the animation, and every care was taken to ensure complete authenticity in the representation of all elements."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Junior Recruitment Consultant, Insight Team Hasson Associates £Competitive , Central London
- UK Digital Lead Hasson Associates £70,000 - £83,000, Central London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Barclays calls global agency roster review
- Pitch update: Pre-Christmas round-up of RBS, BA and all the biggest pitches
- McGuinness departs BMB after eight years
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role