Aegis acquires Lithuanian media agency
By Oliver Luft, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 01 June 2011 11:06AM
Communications and market research group Aegis has acquired Lithuanian media agency Creative Media Services UAB.
The 13-year-old CMS, which had gross assets valued at £1.1m at the end of 2010, specialises in servicing clients in all areas of media planning, buying and research.
The deal, terms of which were not revealed, will see CMS become part of Aegis Media's Vizeum network in the Baltic region.
Jerry Buhlmann, chief executive of Aegis Group, said: "As a leading operator in the Lithuanian market, with an excellent reputation for their media expertise, the acquisition of CMS gives Aegis Media a significant foothold in Lithuania, extending our expertise and bringing local client relationships.
"The acquisition also enables us to offer the full range of Vizeum services on a pan-Baltic level."
The acquisition follows an announcement last week from WPP that its global marketing network Wunderman had combined its digital business in Austria with local online marketing business of PXP.
Wunderman acquired a majority stake in the new combined business, which has been named Wunderman PXP.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- French PPC Executive Just Digital £30000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Surrey
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum, City of London
- UK & I Marketing Manager Stopgap £28000 per annum, London
- PPC Manager - Legendary Indie Agency GoodEgg Digital £35-40k + Benefits, Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity