Aegis bolsters iProspect's social media offering with overseas acquisition
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 June 2011 11:45AM
Aegis, the media buying and market research group, has acquired ICUC Moderation Services, a Canadian social media moderation company, to join its Aegis Media's iProspect network.
Aegis did not disclose the value of the deal, but revealed that as of 31 December ICUC had gross assets of $1.4m (£845,000).
IProspect will leverage ICUC's community management platform and social media expertise for its clients, which include Gap, Converse and Burberry.
ICUC, which has 200 employees in North America, has clients including Chevron, Intel and Starbucks.
Jerry Buhlmann, chief executive of Aegis Group, said: "ICUC's market leadership and breadth of expertise in media intelligence and moderation services will boost iProspect's leadership across the digital performance spectrum.
"Beyond social media moderation, ICUC brings nearly a decade of astute social media understanding and intelligence to verticals ranging from entertainment and media to CPG and retail which fits in every respect with the next generation of social media services."
Aegis agreed a deal for Lithuanian media agency Creative Media Services UAB last week and on Monday confirmed it is in talks with Ipsos about the possible sale of Synovate, its research arm.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Creative team to 35k, W1. Digital & Integrated. Mark Paine Recruitment to £35,00 each plus benefits, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + amazing benefits, City of London
- Graduate/Junior roles - OOH Planning, Trading and Investment Ultimate Asset £18000 - £21000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London