Aegis bolsters iProspect's social media offering with overseas acquisition
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 June 2011 11:45AM
Aegis, the media buying and market research group, has acquired ICUC Moderation Services, a Canadian social media moderation company, to join its Aegis Media's iProspect network.
Aegis did not disclose the value of the deal, but revealed that as of 31 December ICUC had gross assets of $1.4m (£845,000).
IProspect will leverage ICUC's community management platform and social media expertise for its clients, which include Gap, Converse and Burberry.
ICUC, which has 200 employees in North America, has clients including Chevron, Intel and Starbucks.
Jerry Buhlmann, chief executive of Aegis Group, said: "ICUC's market leadership and breadth of expertise in media intelligence and moderation services will boost iProspect's leadership across the digital performance spectrum.
"Beyond social media moderation, ICUC brings nearly a decade of astute social media understanding and intelligence to verticals ranging from entertainment and media to CPG and retail which fits in every respect with the next generation of social media services."
Aegis agreed a deal for Lithuanian media agency Creative Media Services UAB last week and on Monday confirmed it is in talks with Ipsos about the possible sale of Synovate, its research arm.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- SINGAPORE - ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - TECH CLIENTS - TOP MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £55000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus + benefits, Singapore
- McDonald's 10 best UK ads
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- Campaign Viral Chart: Busta Rhymes features in Toyota rap ad
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Magazine ABCs: a media agency viewpoint
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders