Aegis bolsters iProspect's social media offering with overseas acquisition
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 June 2011 11:45AM
Aegis, the media buying and market research group, has acquired ICUC Moderation Services, a Canadian social media moderation company, to join its Aegis Media's iProspect network.
Aegis did not disclose the value of the deal, but revealed that as of 31 December ICUC had gross assets of $1.4m (£845,000).
IProspect will leverage ICUC's community management platform and social media expertise for its clients, which include Gap, Converse and Burberry.
ICUC, which has 200 employees in North America, has clients including Chevron, Intel and Starbucks.
Jerry Buhlmann, chief executive of Aegis Group, said: "ICUC's market leadership and breadth of expertise in media intelligence and moderation services will boost iProspect's leadership across the digital performance spectrum.
"Beyond social media moderation, ICUC brings nearly a decade of astute social media understanding and intelligence to verticals ranging from entertainment and media to CPG and retail which fits in every respect with the next generation of social media services."
Aegis agreed a deal for Lithuanian media agency Creative Media Services UAB last week and on Monday confirmed it is in talks with Ipsos about the possible sale of Synovate, its research arm.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Category Development Manager - Leading FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£46K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits Package, London (Greater)
- Senior Shopper Insights Manager - Leading FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £55K-£62K + Generous Car Allowance + Bonus, London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South West England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £26,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)