Flourish picks up Wimpy social media account
Wimpy, the fast-food chain, has appointed Flourish to its social media account.
The Bristol-based agency won the business without a pitch, and will be tasked with repositioning the food chain and launching its new menu.
Flourish will launch a Facebook campaign to promote the menu, which will no longer include the chain's long-standing desserts, such as the Knickerbocker Glory and Banana Longboat.
Customers will be able to create their own ads, to be judged by the online social community. The most "liked" ad will win its creator a £1,000 shopping spree. The campaign will be promoted in-store and with ads on Facebook.
The fast-food brand has used various agencies in the past, including the promotional marketing agency The Kitchen London.
Clare Starling, the Wimpy UK marketing manager, said: "Flourish has been appointed for its social strategy experience and creativity to help widen our appeal."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing, Social Media & Events Assistant Brand Recruitment £18000 - £21000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Presentation Designer Major Players negotiable, City of London
- Presentation Designer Major Players £20 - £25 per hour, West London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Brand Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Colchester
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%