Radio 2 DJs line up for 'best of' marathon
The BBC has launched a 10-day campaign to promote '2 Day', a day-long showcase of BBC Radio 2 content which broadcasts a week's programming in one 12-hour marathon.
The '2 Day' campaign, created by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, is running on BBC TV, radio and online platforms.
The 12-hour long showcase will air on BBC Radio 2 on Wednesday 22 June, starting at 7am.
Radio 2 presenters will team up and broadcast in pairs, starting with Simon Mayo and Jamie Cullum.
Chris Evans and Zoe Ball will play rock and roll, while Jeremy Vine and Dermot O'Leary will cover a selection of the network's documentary output.
Tony Blackburn and Trevor Nelson will partner for an hour of soul music while Jools Holland and Sir Terry Wogan wrap up the day with a live-stream music concert featuring the Radio 2 All Star band.
Activity after the showcase will feature behind the scenes footage and extra audio content for consumers to access.
Damon Collins, executive creative director, BBC, said: "We wanted to do something different that showcases the brilliance of BBC Radio 2, celebrating its content range and the diversity of its talent, '2 Day' will be a broadcasting rollercoaster ride that will remind its listeners why they tune in every day and hopefully convince others of why they should."
It aims to build on the 'More 2 it' brand strategy that promotes the station's diverse listener content and drives online traffic.
The ad was directed by Giorgio Testi from Pulse Films and produced by Red Bee Media. RKCR's executive creative director Collins oversaw the campaign with art director by Paul Angus and copy by Ted Heath.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Research Director (Pharma & Healthcare) Trace £80000 - £110000 Per Annum + potential Equity, London
- Senior Client Strategist PFJ £45000 - £50000 per annum + + 15% bonus, London
- Category Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- Account Manager ATL Soho Creative Agency Twist Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, West End