Europcar combines Twitter and digital outdoor
Europcar, the car hire company, has kicked off outdoor activity to promote freeDeliver, its new hire car delivery and collection service, which it claims will "save an hour in your day".
Europcar is using the Twitter hashtag #myextrahour to ask people to describe what they will do with the hour they gain with freeDeliver.
The stream from #myextrahour will be shown on JCDecaux's D6 sites, its digital six-sheet format, and i, its new square-format site on West London's Cromwell Road.
The ads are also running without the Twitter stream on a range of other outdoor formats, including CBS Outdoor's LCD screens on the London Underground, JCDecaux's digital panels at London Heathrow, and traditional 48-sheets.
The two-week campaign was created by Ogilvy & Mather, with media planning and buying from Publicis Groupe media agency MediaVest. The digital outdoor campaign was managed by production company Grand Visual.
Jaimes Leggett, managing director of Ogilvy & Mather, said: "It's great to be able to leverage social media activity at a broadcast level. Bringing these Twitter feeds direct to the iconic i site and on D6's nationally is a great way to inform consumers about the benefits of freeDeliver, as they go about their normal day."
Ken McCall, managing director of Europcar, said: "This is a great way to get customers participating in the advert itself and keeps the content fresh, interesting and relevant."
The outdoor activity is part of a £2.5m campaign for the freeDeliver service, which kicked off with what Europcar claimed was its first-ever TV ad earlier this month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%