Agencies line up for PlayStation digital
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 June 2011 08:00AM
Sony Computer Entertainment is conducting a review of its digital advertising business.
The tech giant is holding talks with agencies regarding a range of briefs surrounding the promotion of its consoles and the launch of new games.
Meetings have been held with a number of shops over the past few weeks, and a pitch process is expected to take place later in the summer.
The successful agency will secure a place on the Sony Computer Entertainment European roster, which already includes a number of agencies, including TBWA\London, Agency Republic, Adam & Eve, Grand Union and Iris Worldwide.
The review comes at a testing time for Sony, after it was confirmed earlier this year that hackers had stolen data, including credit card details, from around 100 million users on its PlayStation Network.
Meanwhile the company has also seen its new PlayStation Vita handheld games device – which was revealed at the E3 event in Los Angeles earlier this month – face criticism from some quarters for being too expensive.
Sony is understood to be investing heavily in digital and social media activity this year, particularly in the UK. Last month the company launched a review of its social media business, and has shortlisted BBH Labs, Cake, Now and We are Social to pitch for the account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account