Coke launches cinema Future Flames ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 June 2011 12:57PM
Coca-Cola is today (17 June) screening a new cinema ad featuring an up-and-coming British actor running with a torch across the UK, as part of its Olympic torch relay marketing activity.
The cinema ad, created by Mother, features the young actor Thomas Turgoose running with a flaming torch, inspiring young people he passes to: "Nominate a friend and give them the chance to run with the Olympic torch".
The ad's aim is to create excitement about the London 2012 Olympic torch relay, celebrating the role young people play in society and encouraging people to nominate a "Future Flame".
A TV ad, which airs for five weeks, will launch tomorrow (18 June). Media buying for the ad was carried out by Vizeum.
Coke launched its 'Future Flames' campaign this month by showcasing a live music event in London, featuring appearances by Dizzee Rascal and Eliza Doolittle.
The drinks giant is using a mixture of musicians and athletes to target young customers in its integrated campaign.
Turgoose starred in the Shane Meadows-directed 'This Is England' film.
The Olympic Torch relay kicks off in May next year and the route covers 8,000 miles across the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Digital Sales Account Manager - Media Owner - Automotive Silverdrum £40,000 + bonus (uncapped), London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Writer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, Leeds
- Digital Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum + benefits, Stevenage
- Digital and Ecommerce Manager Brand Recruitment Excellent package, Peterborough