Coke launches cinema Future Flames ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 June 2011 12:57PM
Coca-Cola is today (17 June) screening a new cinema ad featuring an up-and-coming British actor running with a torch across the UK, as part of its Olympic torch relay marketing activity.
The cinema ad, created by Mother, features the young actor Thomas Turgoose running with a flaming torch, inspiring young people he passes to: "Nominate a friend and give them the chance to run with the Olympic torch".
The ad's aim is to create excitement about the London 2012 Olympic torch relay, celebrating the role young people play in society and encouraging people to nominate a "Future Flame".
A TV ad, which airs for five weeks, will launch tomorrow (18 June). Media buying for the ad was carried out by Vizeum.
Coke launched its 'Future Flames' campaign this month by showcasing a live music event in London, featuring appearances by Dizzee Rascal and Eliza Doolittle.
The drinks giant is using a mixture of musicians and athletes to target young customers in its integrated campaign.
Turgoose starred in the Shane Meadows-directed 'This Is England' film.
The Olympic Torch relay kicks off in May next year and the route covers 8,000 miles across the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Stopgap £35000 - £42000 per annum, London
- SRE - AD - Quant - Melbourne/Sydney Elizabeth Norman International £30000 - £50000 per annum, Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
- Head of/Senior PR Professional PSD Group £65-70K , London (Central), London (Greater)
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad