Coke launches cinema Future Flames ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 17 June 2011 12:57PM
Coca-Cola is today (17 June) screening a new cinema ad featuring an up-and-coming British actor running with a torch across the UK, as part of its Olympic torch relay marketing activity.
The cinema ad, created by Mother, features the young actor Thomas Turgoose running with a flaming torch, inspiring young people he passes to: "Nominate a friend and give them the chance to run with the Olympic torch".
The ad's aim is to create excitement about the London 2012 Olympic torch relay, celebrating the role young people play in society and encouraging people to nominate a "Future Flame".
A TV ad, which airs for five weeks, will launch tomorrow (18 June). Media buying for the ad was carried out by Vizeum.
Coke launched its 'Future Flames' campaign this month by showcasing a live music event in London, featuring appearances by Dizzee Rascal and Eliza Doolittle.
The drinks giant is using a mixture of musicians and athletes to target young customers in its integrated campaign.
Turgoose starred in the Shane Meadows-directed 'This Is England' film.
The Olympic Torch relay kicks off in May next year and the route covers 8,000 miles across the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Junior Web Developer, Awesome Media Agency based in Essex. Digital Gurus £17000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Project Director Purple Consultancy £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager - Healthcare Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £60000 per annum + industry leading benefits package, Surrey
- Social Media Manager Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits + bonus, London