UK agencies put in a no show in Radio Lions nominations
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 09:16AM
CANNES 2011: In a sad indictment of the state of radio advertising in the UK, no UK agencies have received a nomination in the Radio Lions shortlist at this year's Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Creative agencies from South Africa received the most nominations with 35, Australia and Singapore got 11, and the US got 10.
BBDO Cape Town won three nominations for the Mars ads "repeat", interrupt" and "would you rather," while DDB South Africa got four nominations for McDonald's "happy boss," "Billy," "Theodore" and "Tiffany" ads.
The disappointing representation of UK agencies in the radio awards at Cannes follows a trend seen last year, when jury president and chairman of Canadian agency Taxi, Paul Lavoie, noted "The UK didn't show up, which was a surprise".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Development Executive collectivo £30k + generous commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Global Advertising Network Agency, leading FMCG brand. £55k salary. ATL MODA consult Around £55k + excellent benefits & career path, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (on-trade alcohol brands) BMS £28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Communications Project Manager Salt £35000 - £38000 per annum, London