UK agencies put in a no show in Radio Lions nominations
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 09:16AM
CANNES 2011: In a sad indictment of the state of radio advertising in the UK, no UK agencies have received a nomination in the Radio Lions shortlist at this year's Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Creative agencies from South Africa received the most nominations with 35, Australia and Singapore got 11, and the US got 10.
BBDO Cape Town won three nominations for the Mars ads "repeat", interrupt" and "would you rather," while DDB South Africa got four nominations for McDonald's "happy boss," "Billy," "Theodore" and "Tiffany" ads.
The disappointing representation of UK agencies in the radio awards at Cannes follows a trend seen last year, when jury president and chairman of Canadian agency Taxi, Paul Lavoie, noted "The UK didn't show up, which was a surprise".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Operations Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, East London
- Online Trading Manager Recruitment Genius £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Marketing Communications Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London