DDB UK is sole Lions winner in Promo & Activation category
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 08:30PM
CANNES 2011: DDB UK was the only UK agency to win a Lion in the Promo & Activation category at this year's Cannes Festival of Creativity.
The agency picked up a Bronze for its "Bud ice cold index" work for Budweiser for Diageo Ireland, which offered consumers a free pint whenever the temperature in Ireland rose above 20 degrees celsius.
The Grand Prix went to Romania's McCann Erickson Bucharest for its "American Rom" chocolate bar campaign. The agency created new packaging for the chocolate snack, giving the wrapper an American theme to remind Romanians to be more patriotic towards local brands like Rom.
The campaign contributed to Rom ousting Snickers to become Romania's best-selling chocolate bar, outperforming the market by 20%.
Much like 2010, the US dominated the Promo & Activation category, with 10 Lions going to agencies from the country. This included two of the five Gold Lions awarded by the jury, both of which went to fashion retailer 4th Amendment Wear's in-house creative team.
The other Gold Lions went to McCann Erickson Bucharest, DDB Singapore and Germany's Jung Von Matt.
In total, 17 Silver and 32 Bronze Lions were awarded. Other countries to perform well included France and Germany, whose agencies took home four Lions each.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham