Clemenger BBDO Melbourne scoops PR Grand Prix
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 June 2011 08:30PM
CANNES 2011: Ad agencies dominated the top awards in PR at the Cannes Festival of Creativity this year, with the Grand Prix going to Clemenger BBDO Melbourne.
Clemenger BBDO Melbourne’s "break up" campaign for the National Bank of Australia in which the bank staged a public break up with its rivals, scooped the top award.
Political Lobbying & Media Relations (PLMR) London led a stronger showing from UK PR companies this year, winning two Gold PR Lions for its "shine a light on opportunity" work for Durand Academy.
Hill & Knowlton London won a Silver Lion for the Gedeon Richter Marketing "understanding multiple sclerosis" campaign and Onevoice London won Silver for its Philips "parallel lines" PR work.
Burson-Marsteller London scooped Silver for its "two-minute silence" campaign for the Royal British Legion, while Exposure Promotions London picked up Bronze for Dr Martens DM50 campaign. TBWA London picked up a Bronze for its "messiah" campaign for Adidas.
The judges praised Clemenger BBDO Melbourne's Grand Prix winning entry for the National Bank of Australia for being "superbly executed" and achieving "true behaviour change" in consumers.
Ad agencies picked up five of the 10 PR Gold Lions awarded, with TBWA\Chiat\Day winning two Gold Lions for its 'Keep A Child Alive: Digital Death' campaign.
There were 819 entries for the PR category this year, which was up 43% on last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London
- Award-Winning Integrated Creative Team Premier Media Circa 55K + Benefits, Central London
- Designer - Fashion E-commerce retail brand Creative Recruitment £90 - £120 per day, City of London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + bens, West London