Fallon wins £26m Axa ad account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 June 2011 12:14PM
Axa the global insurance group, has consolidated its £26m UK advertising account into Fallon.
Fallon's appointment follows a review handled by the Axa UK marketing chief Cheryl Toner.
The review was a closed one, only involving agencies from the Publicis Groupe, which handles the account globally. Fallon pitched for the account with the help of Saatchi and Saatchi against Leo Burnett and Chemistry.
The Axa account had been handled by Team Saatchi since 2008, while the Axa Direct brand was handled by Mortimer Whittaker O'Sullivan. The agency will however continue to work on AXA’s Swiftcover business.
Axa's review follows a restructure in its marketing department, which included the expansion of Toner's role and the launch of its combined AXA Wealth unit.
The media spend across all Axa's brands in the year to April 2011 was £26.1m, excluding direct mail and door drops, according to Nielsen.
Havas Media Group currently handles Axa UK’s media planning and buying account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £70k - 80k + bens, London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisiton Manager Major Players £400000 - £500000 per annum + amazing benefits, London
- Digital Junior Account Director and Account Director air recruitment Up to £60K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Paddy Power calls on Sepp Blatter to 'f**k off already'
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned
- Instagram to roll out carousel ad platform