Walker Media retains £9m Ladbrokes account
By Oliver Luft, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 June 2011 11:00AM
Ladbrokes has reappointed Walker Media to handle its £9 million media planning and buying account following a competitive review that ran in parallel with the recent review of its creative business.
During the pitch process, run through ISBA, ad agencies were partnered with media agencies to offer Ladbrokes an integrated solution.
Walker was appointed despite being paired with its sister agency M&C Saatchi, which was the incumbent on Ladbrokes' ad account but lost to SapientNitro, which was partnered by PHD.
The agency appointments follow Ladbrokes' announcement that it plans to invest £50 million in revamping its brand over the next two years, in order to help tackle falling profits.
The bookmaker's recent advertising has used the former footballers Chris Kamara and Ian Wright and the strapline: "Got the feeling? Get to Ladbrokes."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Exec/Account Manager - Integrated (6 months+) Stopgap £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager The Little Black Book Agency £23000 - £26000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Brand Strategy for Global Brand Consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £90000 - £120000 per annum + Bonus, City of London
- FMCG Client side Research and Insight Manager Elizabeth Norman International £40000 per annum + Generous bonus and benefits, West London
- Digital Project Manager (Liverpool) The Little Black Book Agency £30000 - £36000 per annum + Benefits, Liverpool
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?