Dare wins double brief from Diageo
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 July 2011 11:00AM
Diageo has appointed Dare to handle UK digital advertising on its Baileys brand alongside a second brief to work on the UK advertising for its premixed spirits in cans.
The agency won both accounts following pitches. On the Baileys pitch, Dare beat the incumbent, Chemistry, and Kitcatt Nohr Digitas to win the business.
Chemistry, which started work with Baileys in 2003, landed the global digital advertising account last July. It will continue with its global duties on Baileys including management of Baileys.com and its social media strategy.
Dare's work on the premixed range will support products such as Gordon's Gin & Schweppes Tonic and Pimm's & Lemonade in 25cl cans. Diageo expanded the range with the introduction of Smirnoff Vodka & Diet Cola in March this year.
Diageo is also in the final stages of a pitch for its cocktails range featuring Smirnoff Mojito, Jose Cuervo Margarita and J&B Manhattan.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, South East
- Interim Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign