Dare wins double brief from Diageo
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 July 2011 11:00AM
Diageo has appointed Dare to handle UK digital advertising on its Baileys brand alongside a second brief to work on the UK advertising for its premixed spirits in cans.
The agency won both accounts following pitches. On the Baileys pitch, Dare beat the incumbent, Chemistry, and Kitcatt Nohr Digitas to win the business.
Chemistry, which started work with Baileys in 2003, landed the global digital advertising account last July. It will continue with its global duties on Baileys including management of Baileys.com and its social media strategy.
Dare's work on the premixed range will support products such as Gordon's Gin & Schweppes Tonic and Pimm's & Lemonade in 25cl cans. Diageo expanded the range with the introduction of Smirnoff Vodka & Diet Cola in March this year.
Diageo is also in the final stages of a pitch for its cocktails range featuring Smirnoff Mojito, Jose Cuervo Margarita and J&B Manhattan.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency