New Vanish ad uses 'one and only' Chesney Hawkes
Vanish, the stain-removal brand owned by Reckitt Benckiser (RB), is launching a new TV ad campaign tomorrow (9 July), featuring 1990s pop star Chesney Hawkes.
The ad, created by Euro RSCG London, will run on Channel Five for six months.
It has been created to support the launch of a new product, Vanish Powerpowder, and is part of a £2.1m marketing campaign to support the Vanish carpet range.
The creative shows three women competing against each other in the style of a 1990s TV game show. The women are given 20 minutes to clean their entire homes before the arrival of a celebrity guest.
The spoof show is narrated by the voice of 'Come Dine With Me', Dave Lamb, while the winner of the cleaning contest receives a visit from one-hit wonder Chesney Hawkes.
Stefan Gaa, marketing director, RB UK, said: "RB is always looking for refreshing, quirky approaches that stand apart from traditional advertising in all our categories. This was a particularly tricky brief to crack, but we believe Euros has done it".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- CRM & Digital Marketing Manager fishtank £25000 - £35000 per annum, Bristol
- Lead Digital Designer - London - £50,000 - £60,000 Red Sofa London £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Brand Manager Online Resourcing £Competitive + excellent benefits , Gatwick, West Sussex
- Account Manager Major Players £26000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive