Aegis buys minority stake in mobile specialist TigerSpike
By Ben Bold, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 July 2011 10:52AM
Aegis Group has agreed to pay $11m (£6.8m) for an undisclosed minority stake in mobile media specialist TigerSpike, enabling the group to offer clients mobile solutions including smartphone and tablet computer apps.
TigerSpike is headquartered in Sydney, with offices in London and New York.
Jerry Buhlmann, Aegis's chief executive, explained that the investment was in line with Aegis's focus on media innovation, while TigerSpike said that the funding would fuel the agency's growth and new product development plans.
Buhlmann said: "TigerSpike's technology platform is ideally suited to optimising the creation and delivery of highly sophisticated content to a range of mobile devices. Our investment in TigerSpike will therefore support us in offering clients truly convergent solutions."
Luke Janssen, TigerSpike's founder and chief executive, said: "Our partnership with Aegis Media will enable us to remain at the forefront of the growth opportunities in our market.
"Aegis's global reach and leadership position in helping brands communicate with consumers will enable us to accelerate our rapid growth and offer a range of solutions to our customers."
Earlier this year, it was announced that TigerSpike, which describes itself as a personal media company, was developing apps for Sport magazine and its owner, TalkSport.
Brand owners that use TigerSpike's platform include Diageo and PepsiCo, while media owners News Corp and Telegraph Media Group also use its services.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Strategy Director Lipton Fleming £75000.00 - £80000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £20,000 + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior eCRM Digital Producer / Project Manager, £45K, The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £45K, Farringdon
- Senior Digital Buyer Lipton Fleming £28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London