My YouTube ad of the week: Sue Unerman, Mediacom
Campaign YouTube, Friday, 22 July 2011 05:28PM
Sue Unerman reviews L'Oréal Paris Men Expert
Sue Unerman, chief strategy officer, MediaCom
Why I like this
I know men who still believe that grooming is not for them. They will clean their teeth, they may floss and they could even use mouthwash. They might have a bath or shower three or four times a week, but they wouldn't touch moisturiser or aftershave and they eschew manicures and facials.
But even this is better than in earlier times. The chain-smoking TV buyer I sat next to at the dawn of my career boasted of taking one bath a week.
Predominantly, but not exclusively, the grooming phobics are probably the older, more traditional men of my acquaintance. Here, finally, is a champion of male grooming that surely even they can identify with.Wish I'd thought of Hugh Laurie, the world's biggest TV star, is presented "behind the scenes" coming to terms with his role as a grooming icon. We get a fresh angle on the strapline: "We are all of us struggling with the idea that we are worth something." Laurie is charming and will hopefully get men washing more often – so no naïve graduate need ever start her career sitting next to a man in his twenties who only washes once a week.
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region