Nokia selects Inferno for £80m global ad campaign
Nokia has appointed the integrated agency Inferno to handle an estimated £80 million global brand campaign.
The agency is thought to have won the brief following a competitive pitch against Nokia’s global roster agencies including Wieden & Kennedy.
Inferno’s appointment follows a Nokia RFI which went out to both roster and non-roster agencies in May. It is understood that the agency will work on a campaign, due in the autumn, which is expected to promote Nokia’s first phone running on the Windows 7 operating system.
Nokia is currently battling to retain market share in the face of competition from rivals such as Apple, RIM, and HTC. The mobile company hopes its partnership with Microsoft will help it to regain share from Apple and Android-based devices.
Inferno’s capture of the new account follows its appointment to Nokia’s global business-to-business account in June. The agency also works with Nokia on the mobile company’s retail ad business.
W&K, which recently launched a campaign for its Qwerty range of smartphones, are expected to continue to work with Nokia on other briefs. Fallon also handles some advertising for Nokia.
W&K recently made around 20 redundancies at its London office, citing a drop in spend from Nokia, its largest client, as a contributing factor.
Inferno refused to comment on the appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager, up to £60K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Great benefits inc £5K bonus potential, London
- Market Insight Manager, EDUCATION Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £36000 per annum, South East
- Consumer Marketing Assistant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Trade Marketing Manager-MAT.COVER, Travel, £40-45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £44000 per annum, Surrey
- Marketing Communications Exec, Luxury Travel, £26k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood