WCRS&Co poised to pick up London Elects ad business
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 July 2011 11:05AM
London Elects, the organisation responsible for elections in London, is set to appoint WCRS&Co to oversee its advertising activity.
The agency is understood to be in contractual negotiations regarding the account, after triumphing in a pitch.
London Elects kicked off a review of its marketing activity in April, with the process overseen by the Greater London Authority.
WCRS&Co is expected to be responsible for launching print, radio and digital campaigns ahead of the Mayoral and Assembly elections, which are due to take place on 3 May 2012.
The campaigns, which will roll out in early 2012, will focus on issues such as drawing attention to when the election takes place, how people can take part in the election process and where members of the public can find their nearest polling station.
Each of the campaigns will also focus on directing people to the London Elects 2012 website, which is currently being developed ahead of the elections.
Farm Communications handled the equivalent marketing activity for the election held in 2008, in which the current London Mayor, Boris Johnson, triumphed.
The London Elects campaign will be WCRS&Co's first win under its new chief executive, Matt Edwards.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds