Pricerunner seeks advertising agency
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 July 2011 10:50AM
Pricerunner, the website that offers price comparisons on consumer goods, is looking for an agency to handle its integrated advertising account.
The website is planning an advertising assault in order to increase awareness and gain share of the growing price comparison market. It has approached a number of unspecified agencies inviting them to pitch for the account.
Pricerunner is hoping to increase awareness in a market where visitor numbers are sensitive to adspend changes.
According to a March study by Nielsen, audiences are difficult to retain once an ad campaign has finished.
The broader price comparison market is dominated by the financial product comparison sites, led in adspend terms by Gocompare, which spent £28 million in 2010. This was 30 per cent higher than its rival Moneysupermarket.
Pricerunner launched in 1999 and provides comparative prices for a variety of consumer products, focusing on electrical goods.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency