Pricerunner seeks advertising agency
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 July 2011 10:50AM
Pricerunner, the website that offers price comparisons on consumer goods, is looking for an agency to handle its integrated advertising account.
The website is planning an advertising assault in order to increase awareness and gain share of the growing price comparison market. It has approached a number of unspecified agencies inviting them to pitch for the account.
Pricerunner is hoping to increase awareness in a market where visitor numbers are sensitive to adspend changes.
According to a March study by Nielsen, audiences are difficult to retain once an ad campaign has finished.
The broader price comparison market is dominated by the financial product comparison sites, led in adspend terms by Gocompare, which spent £28 million in 2010. This was 30 per cent higher than its rival Moneysupermarket.
Pricerunner launched in 1999 and provides comparative prices for a variety of consumer products, focusing on electrical goods.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business