campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 July 2011 12:00AM
The Barclays media pitch is progressing. Sources suggest that the bank has shortlisted three agencies to pitch for its global business: the incumbent, Walker Media, WPP's Maxus and Omnicom's OMD. Chemistry meetings will be completed by the end of next week and involve market-by-market meetings in the US, EMEA, Hong Kong and Tokyo. Pitch presentations are due to take place in September.
Media agencies believe that the Thomas Cook pan-European digital review, which was kick-started a couple of months ago, has been put on hold. Shops think that far from worrying about agency arrangements, marketers are more concerned about whether they will retain their jobs following the dramatic business review the company has launched to address its third profit warning in a year.
It's been a while since a big, juicy DM pitch, so you can imagine the excitement that the O2 review has caused in some agencies. And so, this week, new-business directors have been working late, with the RFI due in tomorrow (Friday). The AAR is handling the process.
It sounds like quick progress has been made on the Trident global ad review. The pitch process, which is being led out of New York, will involve US offerings from TBWA, Saatchi & Saatchi and Y&R. The incumbent, JWT, has parted company with the Kraft-owned brand.
A decision is expected next week on the Real Radio review, overseen by the AAR. Big Al's Creative Emporium, TBWA\Manchester and the incumbent, Clear Marketing, are waiting to hear.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- New Business Development Manager - Creative Agency - £15k to £20k OTE £30k to £35k Stonor £15k to£20k with OTE £30k - £35k, Northants
- Digital Project Manager Guru Careers £28 - 35k (DOE), Based in Farringdon, Central London (EC1)
- EXPERIENTIAL Junior or Senior Account Managers x 4, Account Director and Producers - perm/freelance Judi Patton £23K-£45K or freelance rates, London - all areas
- Graphic Designer Guru Careers £20 - 30k (DOE), Based in West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- We Built This City rises up the charts after Three ad