MediaCom retains Bose account after review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 July 2011 10:08AM
Bose, the audio company, has retained MediaCom as the agency on its £20 million pan-European media planning and buying account.
The incumbent held on to the business after a shoot-out with ZenithOptimedia. Carat was also involved earlier on in the pitch process.
The review, which included the £7 million UK media business, also covered Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy and Scandinavia.
Direct MediaCom, the WPP agency’s direct media arm, lured the account away from the previous incumbent of ten years, Tri-Direct, in 2007 after a head-to-head with Carat.
Bose, which produces high-end products such as home cinema, music and loudspeaker systems, has recently used advertising to support its Wave music and its SoundDock MP3 systems.
Its UK spend is mostly split between direct marketing and press ads, according to Nielsen, with the remainder spent on radio, TV, outdoor and online.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director Stopgap £55000 - £57000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Impulse Channel William Grant & Sons Highly competitive salary, £6,000 car allowance and a generous bonus 30% , Based at our prestigious offices in Hook.
- Social Media Copywriter/Senior Community Manager - London Major Players £200 - £250 per day, London
- Account Director - Small but Perfectly Formed Creative Agency Speckled Frog £40-45k, Soho London