MediaCom retains Bose account after review
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 July 2011 10:08AM
Bose, the audio company, has retained MediaCom as the agency on its £20 million pan-European media planning and buying account.
The incumbent held on to the business after a shoot-out with ZenithOptimedia. Carat was also involved earlier on in the pitch process.
The review, which included the £7 million UK media business, also covered Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy and Scandinavia.
Direct MediaCom, the WPP agency’s direct media arm, lured the account away from the previous incumbent of ten years, Tri-Direct, in 2007 after a head-to-head with Carat.
Bose, which produces high-end products such as home cinema, music and loudspeaker systems, has recently used advertising to support its Wave music and its SoundDock MP3 systems.
Its UK spend is mostly split between direct marketing and press ads, according to Nielsen, with the remainder spent on radio, TV, outdoor and online.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London
- Brand Consultant Rare Selection Upto £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business