Interpublic UK revenue storms ahead
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 July 2011 09:10AM
Interpublic's UK revenues have accelerated by a third over a year thanks in part to the acquisitions of DLKW and Blue Barracuda as well as strong business performance.
Overall IPG reported second quarter revenue growth of 8%, and 4.7% on an organic basis, to $1.74bn. Net income rose 38% to $108.9m.
In the three months to 30 June the UK business made $120.3m, up from $90.6m in the same quarter in the previous year.
While this is small beer in the context of IPG's worldwide revenues, the UK was the holding company's fastest-growing region on both overall and organic revenue growth measures.
Frank Mergenthaler, Interpublic's chief financial officer, said: "In the UK, revenue increased 15.3% organically, driven by a number of our agencies, including a strong result in our Events business. The comparison also benefitted from the timing of revenue in the quarter."
IPG's events business includes Momentum and Jack Morton, which produced public events around the Royal Wedding.
IPG acquired DLKW in June 2010 for $40m and combined it with Lowe London to form DLKW.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency