Interpublic UK revenue storms ahead
Interpublic's UK revenues have accelerated by a third over a year thanks in part to the acquisitions of DLKW and Blue Barracuda as well as strong business performance.
Overall IPG reported second quarter revenue growth of 8%, and 4.7% on an organic basis, to $1.74bn. Net income rose 38% to $108.9m.
In the three months to 30 June the UK business made $120.3m, up from $90.6m in the same quarter in the previous year.
While this is small beer in the context of IPG's worldwide revenues, the UK was the holding company's fastest-growing region on both overall and organic revenue growth measures.
Frank Mergenthaler, Interpublic's chief financial officer, said: "In the UK, revenue increased 15.3% organically, driven by a number of our agencies, including a strong result in our Events business. The comparison also benefitted from the timing of revenue in the quarter."
IPG's events business includes Momentum and Jack Morton, which produced public events around the Royal Wedding.
IPG acquired DLKW in June 2010 for $40m and combined it with Lowe London to form DLKW.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager - Leading App Company - Ad Operations Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London