Usain Bolt to star in new Channel 4 ident
By Oliver Luft, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 08 August 2011 09:36AM
Channel 4 will tonight (8 August) launch an ident featuring Usain Bolt, in which the world's fastest man is transformed into the network's logo.
In the ident, created by Channel 4’s 4Creative department, Bolt walks along the track in a crowded stadium after winning a race, climaxing with Bolt striking his signature "lightning bolt" pose.
As the camera pans slowly around Bolt, the angle of his pose creates the illusion of a Channel 4 logo.
The Jamaican sprinter appears in his athletics kit, featuring the logo of his key sponsor Puma.
The new ident is being broadcast in the run-up to Channel 4's coverage of the IAAF World Athletics Championships, from 27 August to 4 September, and will play on rotation among the channel's regular suite of idents in the run-up to the competition.
Tom Tagholm, Channel 4’s network creative director, said: "This is the first 4 ident to star a human being, and who better to choose than the fastest guy on the planet?
"It’s a great coup for the channel and 4Creative, and a huge privilege to work with a true sporting legend.
"Technically it was a challenge, Usain had to be shot on a tennis court next to a secret training facility, with the entirety of the stadium, the crowd and the 4 elements added in post.
"Our production and post teams pulled out all the stops to create real magic."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'