In association with
Subway 'Deep South' by McCann London
Campaign Work, Friday, 12 August 2011 05:15PM
Subway is launching an integrated marketing campaign through McCann London to promote its latest sandwich, the Smokin' BBQ Chicken Temptation.
A 20-second TV commercial set in the Deep South features musicians playing at a barn dance, using Subway sandwiches as instruments. There is also an extended two-minute music video (featured), hosted on Facebook and supported by Spotify and Unruly Media.
The harmonica music is mixed with beat-boxing. The YouTube star Yuri Lane, famous for his musical fusions of harmonica and beat-boxing, scored the music and appears in the ad.
Audiences will also be able to create their own remixes of the soundtrack on a bespoke "Sub-beat Sequencer" using an mxp4 platform.
On the Subway Facebook page, fans can view full music video content and share with friends. They can enter a prize draw as well as download vouchers.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - 12 month maternity cover contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Nottingham
- Web Analyst - 2 Positions. RS Components Market Rate., London, Corby or Oxford
- Assistant Brand Manager - FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £28000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Croydon
- Digital Designer role in Berkshire - 25-35k Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, Berkshire
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity