In association with
Subway 'Deep South' by McCann London
Campaign Work, Friday, 12 August 2011 05:15PM
Subway is launching an integrated marketing campaign through McCann London to promote its latest sandwich, the Smokin' BBQ Chicken Temptation.
A 20-second TV commercial set in the Deep South features musicians playing at a barn dance, using Subway sandwiches as instruments. There is also an extended two-minute music video (featured), hosted on Facebook and supported by Spotify and Unruly Media.
The harmonica music is mixed with beat-boxing. The YouTube star Yuri Lane, famous for his musical fusions of harmonica and beat-boxing, scored the music and appears in the ad.
Audiences will also be able to create their own remixes of the soundtrack on a bespoke "Sub-beat Sequencer" using an mxp4 platform.
On the Subway Facebook page, fans can view full music video content and share with friends. They can enter a prize draw as well as download vouchers.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Social Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Account Director - Leading Communications Agency Digital Gurus £43000 - £50000 Per Annum Up to £50K + Bens, London
- Marketing Manager fishtank £35000 - £45000 per annum, Bristol
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers