Aegis expands Isobar with Austrian acquisition
By Sophie Maden, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 August 2011 10:21AM
Aegis has acquired Austria-based digital creative agency Pjure for an undisclosed sum, to add to its Isobar network.
Pjure was established in 2000 as an online advertising and e-dialogue marketing agency, before developing into a digital creative agency. Clients include Maestro, MasterCard, Bahlsen, Allianz and Stiefelkönig.
Jerry Buhlmann, CEO of Aegis Group, said: "The acquisition of Pjure is an excellent move for Aegis Media. Pjure is a strong business with a good track record for digital creativity and delivery in the Austrian market."
Andreas Weiss, CEO of Aegis Media Austria & Adriatics, added: "We are delighted to be in a position, following the acquisition of Pjure, to expand Isobar by bringing an experienced and excellent digital team into Aegis Media."
The news comes after Aegis agreed last month to sell its market research business Synovate to Ipsos for an "enterprise value" of £525m. The group said it would give £200m to its own shareholders, using the rest to provide increased financial flexibility to make acquisitions.
Aegis has made a number of "bolt-on" acquisitions such as the addition of Lithuanian media agency Creative Media Services UAB to its Vizeum Baltic network in June and South African search marketing and performance agency Clickthinking Online to its global iProspect network in February.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Copywriter Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £36000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Web Analyst / Optimisation Manager EMR £52000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Producer / Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: +package, Manchester
- Junior Account Manager [Direct & Digital Marketing] - Superb Agency - to £27k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £27k + great benefits, Soho. London