M&S appoints SapientNitro to boost web sales
Marks & Spencer has appointed SapientNitro to oversee a complete revamp of its online presence, a move designed to generate e-commerce revenues of £1 billion.
The agency, which won the brief after a pitch, will work with M&S until its new site is fully operational in 2014. The retailer’s relationship with its digital agency LBi will continue. However, in the long term, a pitch for an agency to inform customers about the consumer experience offered by the site is expected to take place.
SapientNitro’s task is to create a digital platform and e-commerce system that will meet M&S’s target of increasing online sales from £500 million to between £800 million and £1 billion by 2014.
The retailer will take full ownership of the platform, as well as its customer data, which will enable it to tailor its online offer to the needs of its customers.
SapientNitro will also develop the M&S multi-channel customer experience.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- eCommerce Manager JV Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits & Pension, Manchester
- Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, Middlesex
- Insight Analyst - Financial Client-side Elizabeth Norman International £22000 - £27000 Per Annum, London
- Head of Marketing - London Designer Outlet Realm in the region of £60k, London