RadioWorks lends a hand to fire-hit store
Radio advertising specialist RadioWorks has come to the aid of House of Reeves, the owner of the furniture store set ablaze during last week's riots, by creating an ad campaign for the company that tells the public it is still trading.
The main House of Reeves store, which has been run by various generations of the Reeves family over the past 140 years, was burnt down on 8 August.
House of Reeves owns another store across the road, which was not destroyed by the fire, and also sells furniture over the internet. Radio specialist RadioWorks offered to make some ads to encourage people to support the business.
GMG Radio has donated airtime on its Smooth Radio station in London, as has the independent south London and north Surrey station Radio Jackie.
Global Radio has also donated airtime and presenter trails for the ads on its London talk radio station LBC.
Michael Charnley-Heaton, chief executive of RadioWorks, said: "I initially called the House of Reeves to see if they were still trading and to offer any help we could.
"I then invited the owner Trevor Reeves to come in to Maple Street Studios to make some commercials and it all flowed from there … I even bought a sofa-bed from him."
Charnley-Heaton said any other commercial radio station interested in running the ads should contact RadioWorks as he would like the ad to reach as many people as possible.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton
- Senior Sales Execuitve - Ad Technology Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Sales Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency