Canon showcases creativity in pan-Euro campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 08:14AM
Canon is launching a pan-European marketing campaign shot with Canon EOS System technology, to promote its EOS 600D camera.
The multimillion-pound campaign, created by Dentsu London, aims to appeal to all photographers, from beginners to professionals, and introduces the strapline "Your EOS adventure starts here".
Canon is rolling out an accompanying TV ad in the UK on 12 September. It follows a photographer through Cape Town, shooting in different locations and conditions, to showcase the "creative potential" of EOS System technology.
The entire ad was shot with a purpose built camera rig made of 20 Canon EOS 5D Mark II cameras. The creative leads on the campaign were Denstu creative directors Martin Casson and Martin Davey. Production was by Mustard.
Print ads will roll out across Europe at the end of August until September.
PHD has handled the media for the campaign, which is being supported with in-store activity and an online portal that goes live this week, which aims to educate and inspire photographers.
Canon is also planning to launch a pan-European photography competition in September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Digital Sales Account Director Ultimate Asset £43000 - £45000 per annum + 15-20k comms, London
- Senior Manager Loyalty Ultimate Asset €70000 - €73000 per annum + Relocation package, Bavaria
- Account Manager: Ecommerce Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £28000 per annum, Stockport
- Senior Account Director Tomorrow Recruitment £55000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Tetley launches ad with Tea Folk in middle of medieval battle
- 2014 'annus horribilis' says Maurice Lévy
- HSBC uses emotive ad to relaunch bank account on Christmas Day
- Virgin Holidays encourages customers to 'flaunt it' in Christmas Day ad
- 'Creative' RFI requests are getting out of control
- Top 10 most-viewed The Work