Canon showcases creativity in pan-Euro campaign
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 24 August 2011 08:14AM
Canon is launching a pan-European marketing campaign shot with Canon EOS System technology, to promote its EOS 600D camera.
The multimillion-pound campaign, created by Dentsu London, aims to appeal to all photographers, from beginners to professionals, and introduces the strapline "Your EOS adventure starts here".
Canon is rolling out an accompanying TV ad in the UK on 12 September. It follows a photographer through Cape Town, shooting in different locations and conditions, to showcase the "creative potential" of EOS System technology.
The entire ad was shot with a purpose built camera rig made of 20 Canon EOS 5D Mark II cameras. The creative leads on the campaign were Denstu creative directors Martin Casson and Martin Davey. Production was by Mustard.
Print ads will roll out across Europe at the end of August until September.
PHD has handled the media for the campaign, which is being supported with in-store activity and an online portal that goes live this week, which aims to educate and inspire photographers.
Canon is also planning to launch a pan-European photography competition in September.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Lively Account Executive Famous consumer Brand- £23/24K Barker Graves £23/24K, London
- Digital Media Recruitment Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer createselect £40-50K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)