Carnival Cruises issues RFI for ad business
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 August 2011 11:00AM
Carnival Cruises, the US-based cruise line, is searching for an agency to handle the advertising to promote its launch as a brand in the UK.
Owned by the Carnival Corporation, Carnival Cruises is the world's largest cruise ship company and is the group's US flagship brand.
Carnival Cruises, which has issued an RFI to agencies, will now join its sister company P&O Cruises as a key brand for the group in the UK.
Arnold Worldwide handles the $70 million advertising account for the brand in the US. Its sister agency Arnold KLP oversees the £7 million UK integrated account for P&O Cruises. It won the account in June and is unaffected by the Carnival review.
In January, Arnold launched a TV ad campaign for Carnival Cruises in the US to convey the entertainment that can be had on board its ships. The ads, which used the strap-line "fun for all", featured a voiceover by the actor John Krasinski, who stars in the US version of The Office.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Commercial Strategist - one of the fastest growing global innovation agencies Bamboo Crowd £30,000 - £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Web Designer become £38K, Hertfordshire
- Account Planners Stopgap £40000 - £65000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Bray Leino Competitive, Bristol, City of Bristol
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account