Westfield film celebrates 100 years of East End style
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 30 August 2011 12:50PM
Westfield, the shopping centre developer, is releasing a short online film that charts 100 years of fashion, dance and music from London's East End to mark the forthcoming launch of Stratford City.
The teaser video, created by The Viral Factory and directed by Jake Lunt, features a couple dancing in different styles from the past 100 years and wearing sixty different costumes.
It was filmed in four different East London locations and finishes in the new Westfield centre in Stratford, London.
The soundtrack has been created by Tristin Norwell, who re-interpreted the track for each different decade.
All the production and media was handled by the Viral Factory, which sent out the video to its network today (31 August).
Westfield opens its £1.45bn shopping complex next to the 2012 London Olympics site on 13 September.
Last week (24 August) it launched an East-End themed Facebook campaign to encourage members of the public to share their memories of the area and win prizes.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- New Business Director - Superb Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £negotiable, Central London
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show