campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 08 September 2011 08:00AM
There's late drama on the Paddy Power pitch, while the Dairylea review is whittled down to two. O2's search for a new direct marketing shop is also going into the final stages, with five agencies preparing to battle it out.
Paddy Power's pitch has taken an unexpected twist. CHI & Partners has defied the odds by sneaking into the pitch process at the last minute and has made it down to the final two. The agency now faces Mother in a tussle for the account. The other contender, DDB UK, has been knocked out of the process.
The race for Kraft Foods' £3 million Dairylea ad business has narrowed to two contenders. Beattie McGuinness Bungay is battling it out with Wieden & Kennedy, as Crispin Porter & Bogusky and JWT, the incumbent, have been knocked out of the running.
O2's hunt for a direct marketing shop is now down to the final stages, and five heavy-hitters have been shortlisted to pitch. EHS 4D, Partners Andrews Aldridge, Lida and 20:20 are all vying for the account, alongside the incumbent, Archibald Ingall Stretton. The AAR is handling the process.
Media agencies are busy too as several pitches reach their later stages. Presentations have taken place in the UK for the Sony Ericsson global media review. Three agencies, PHD, OMD and MEC, are thought to be taking part.
The result of the pan-European (excluding the UK) Ferrero review is expected at the end of September. MEC, ZenithOptimedia and Carat are the agencies involved.
Meanwhile, OMD, Starcom and Initiative are thought to be involved in the Freixnet media review, with written proposals to be submitted by the end of this week. WPP is also on board, with one of its Group M agencies likely to pitch.
And presentations have taken place for the ExxonMobil global media account, with OMD, MPG and UM competing.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films