My YouTube ad of the week: Sue Unerman, MediaCom
Campaign YouTube, Monday, 12 September 2011 09:42AM
Sue Unerman reviews Red Bull
Sue Unerman, chief strategy officer, MediaCom
Why I like this
Parkour is a street sport for athletes and a brilliant spectacle. It involves moving through an urban environment with speed and grace. If you saw Casino Royale, then you watched a beautiful episode of parkour during the opening shots. Here, Red Bull shows a parkour run through Mardin in Turkey.
Wish I’d thought of
Parkour is not just about physical prowess. It is also a philosophy about overcoming obstacles with artistry and grace.
Ryan Doyle, the Red Bull parkour ambassador, shares his thoughts on his art. He says: "The way I prepare my brain before I do something… I have to pretend that I have already done it ten times so that when it comes to doing the jump, it’s like I have already done it – I’m safe."
Surely this is a great philosophy for approaching anything difficult – from a new-business pitch to a difficult conversation, or any step outside your comfort zone. Red Bull has communicated not just a physical excellence here, but also a general way of living well. Doyle ends: "I can do parkour for the rest of my life without even moving… just efficient thinking."
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account