My YouTube ad of the week: Sue Unerman, MediaCom
Campaign YouTube, Monday, 12 September 2011 09:42AM
Sue Unerman reviews Red Bull
Sue Unerman, chief strategy officer, MediaCom
Why I like this
Parkour is a street sport for athletes and a brilliant spectacle. It involves moving through an urban environment with speed and grace. If you saw Casino Royale, then you watched a beautiful episode of parkour during the opening shots. Here, Red Bull shows a parkour run through Mardin in Turkey.
Wish I’d thought of
Parkour is not just about physical prowess. It is also a philosophy about overcoming obstacles with artistry and grace.
Ryan Doyle, the Red Bull parkour ambassador, shares his thoughts on his art. He says: "The way I prepare my brain before I do something… I have to pretend that I have already done it ten times so that when it comes to doing the jump, it’s like I have already done it – I’m safe."
Surely this is a great philosophy for approaching anything difficult – from a new-business pitch to a difficult conversation, or any step outside your comfort zone. Red Bull has communicated not just a physical excellence here, but also a general way of living well. Doyle ends: "I can do parkour for the rest of my life without even moving… just efficient thinking."
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior/Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £30000 per annum, Reigate
- Web Studio Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £41000 per annum + Benefits , Leeds
- Technical Lead Red Sofa London £60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum, West London
- Director of Digital Services Companies House Up to £125,000 with excellent benefits, Cardiff