My YouTube ad of the week: Sue Unerman, MediaCom
Campaign YouTube, Monday, 12 September 2011 09:42AM
Sue Unerman reviews Red Bull
Sue Unerman, chief strategy officer, MediaCom
Why I like this
Parkour is a street sport for athletes and a brilliant spectacle. It involves moving through an urban environment with speed and grace. If you saw Casino Royale, then you watched a beautiful episode of parkour during the opening shots. Here, Red Bull shows a parkour run through Mardin in Turkey.
Wish I’d thought of
Parkour is not just about physical prowess. It is also a philosophy about overcoming obstacles with artistry and grace.
Ryan Doyle, the Red Bull parkour ambassador, shares his thoughts on his art. He says: "The way I prepare my brain before I do something… I have to pretend that I have already done it ten times so that when it comes to doing the jump, it’s like I have already done it – I’m safe."
Surely this is a great philosophy for approaching anything difficult – from a new-business pitch to a difficult conversation, or any step outside your comfort zone. Red Bull has communicated not just a physical excellence here, but also a general way of living well. Doyle ends: "I can do parkour for the rest of my life without even moving… just efficient thinking."
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, Slough
- Senior Brand Manager (global) Jarlett de Grouchy £50000 - £55000 per annum + car + bonus, Berkshire
- Studio Traffic Manager Major Players £30000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Innovation Manager Gemini Search £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office