The ANNAs digital award: previous winner, Peperami
Campaign Work, Monday, 05 September 2011 05:49PM
The Peperami "Fanimal" campaign created by Billington Cartmell and Mindshare used interactive characters to vent football fans' frustrations surrounding the 2010 Fifa World Cup.
Blokes snacking and football go hand in hand so the World Cup provided the perfect opportunity to drive trial of Peperami while giving punters the chance to literally take home a piece of the brand in the form of a Peperami Shouting Football Mascot. An on-pack promotion to win a Peparami "Fanimal" ran across the duration of the World Cup.
The Peperami Fanimal dishes out abuse to other World Cup nations and online banners were targeted at football fans to drive awareness of the Fanimal promotion in an engaging Peperami way.
A table football creative visual cue is used to entice consumers to interact with the banner, encouraging users to "click the team you wanna bash!". The Fanimal is controlled by the cursor and can "bash" the opposing team players including classic stereotypes from representative footy nations. The Fanimal delivers a piece of abuse with every bash until there’s no player left standing. A promotional flash and link to the campaign microsite then plays out.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London