T-Mobile readies parking ticket surprise spot
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 September 2011 09:45AM
T-Mobile is preparing to launch an ad that features phoney traffic wardens handing out cash disguised as parking tickets to unsuspecting members of the public.
Saatchi & Saatchi is editing footage of yesterday's trick giveaway into a two-minute ad to run at 9.15pm on Friday night during 'Big Brother' on Channel 5.
The stunt is intended to promote the network operator's new You Fix plan, which helps customers control their mobile phone expenditure to ensure there are no surprise bills.
T-Mobile has posted teaser footage from the hidden camera shoot in seven cities including London and Manchester on its YouTube channel.
Spencer McHugh, director of brand at T-Mobile, said: "YouFix is the only tariff of its kind and combines the benefits of pay monthly with the flexibility and spending control of pay as you go. It means whatever happens there will not be any surprise bills at the end of the month.
"'Parking Ticket' is about demonstrating this in the creative, fun and engaging way that is unique to T-Mobile campaigns."
The TV ad will be supported by a print and digital campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands