campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 September 2011 08:00AM
Four lucky shops have made it on to the shortlist for the £80 million DFS ad pitch, while agencies are hoping that Confused.com might be on the verge of reviewing too. Meanwhile, media agencies pitching on Bupa face a busy weekend.
The DFS shortlist is out. Following an enthusiastic scramble, four agencies have been put through to pitch for the furniture retailer's mammoth £80 million advertising account. Karmarama, Krow, Ogilvy & Mather and VCCP will all pitch for the business in mid-October, and an appointment will be made by the end of that month. The process is being handled with the assistance of the AAR.
Confused.com's marketing director, Mike Hoban, has held meetings with agencies recently but insists he has no plans to make an appointment. Agencies will no doubt hope he changes his mind.
The Paddy Power pitch has attracted yet another late entry. While it seemed last week that the battle was down to two (Mother and CHI & Partners) after DDB UK was knocked out in an earlier round, it turns out Crispin Porter & Bogusky's London office is a sneaky late contender. With the shortlist now turning into a lengthier list, all bets are off as to which agency will emerge triumphant.
Agencies that submitted RFIs for the Carnival Cruises advertising account have their fingers crossed tightly, as a shortlist is due to be announced by the end of this week. The US-based cruise line is looking to boost its presence in the UK, much like its sister company P&O Cruises.
Media agencies are preparing final presentations for Bupa. MEC, Mindshare, PHD and the incumbent, Starcom MediaVest, face a busy weekend ahead of pitches next week.
Meanwhile, it has emerged that the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office's $45 million global ad review also includes media buying.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film