campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 September 2011 08:00AM
Four lucky shops have made it on to the shortlist for the £80 million DFS ad pitch, while agencies are hoping that Confused.com might be on the verge of reviewing too. Meanwhile, media agencies pitching on Bupa face a busy weekend.
The DFS shortlist is out. Following an enthusiastic scramble, four agencies have been put through to pitch for the furniture retailer's mammoth £80 million advertising account. Karmarama, Krow, Ogilvy & Mather and VCCP will all pitch for the business in mid-October, and an appointment will be made by the end of that month. The process is being handled with the assistance of the AAR.
Confused.com's marketing director, Mike Hoban, has held meetings with agencies recently but insists he has no plans to make an appointment. Agencies will no doubt hope he changes his mind.
The Paddy Power pitch has attracted yet another late entry. While it seemed last week that the battle was down to two (Mother and CHI & Partners) after DDB UK was knocked out in an earlier round, it turns out Crispin Porter & Bogusky's London office is a sneaky late contender. With the shortlist now turning into a lengthier list, all bets are off as to which agency will emerge triumphant.
Agencies that submitted RFIs for the Carnival Cruises advertising account have their fingers crossed tightly, as a shortlist is due to be announced by the end of this week. The US-based cruise line is looking to boost its presence in the UK, much like its sister company P&O Cruises.
Media agencies are preparing final presentations for Bupa. MEC, Mindshare, PHD and the incumbent, Starcom MediaVest, face a busy weekend ahead of pitches next week.
Meanwhile, it has emerged that the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office's $45 million global ad review also includes media buying.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity