Tuborg beer secures spotlight in LMFAO music vid
Lager brand Tuborg has obtained prominent placement in the new music video for LA pop act, LMFAO, after finding the film's director in a crowd-sourced TV competition.
Josh Wroe, a 26-year-old from Manchester, beat thousands of entrants to direct the Universal Music artists' pop promo after taking part in challenges, which included turning around a music video in just 24-hours.
LMFAO is an Los Angeles-based double act. Earlier this year their single 'Party Rock Anthem' topped the iTunes charts in seven countries and spent four weeks at number one in the UK singles charts.
The competition campaign, a collaboration between brand owner Carlsberg UK, Channel 4 and Bauer Media, was brokered by Fuse Sport & Entertainment (part of OMD UK) and Universal Music.
OMD handles the £100m international media account for Carlsberg.
After winning the competition Wroe jetted off to Las Vegas to meet the band and start work on his video for the band's single 'One Day', working with Tuborg, Universal Music and LMFAO members Redfoo and SkyBlu.
The music video includes Tuborg product placement throughout, including on a branded limousine and in shots of the band and party revellers drinking bottles and pints of the lager.
The film premiered on Channel 4 last night.
Chris Thornhill, brand manager for Tuborg at Carlsberg UK, said: "Both us and LMFAO were blown away by Josh’s creativity and ideas for the video, and are thrilled with the end result.
"He's definitely one to watch, and we are thrilled to have been able to give him an opportunity to work with one of the world’s top pop acts."
Wroe said: "Winning the Tuborg LMFAO competition has elevated me to a stage to work alongside major artists. Being given the opportunity to direct the new video with one of the biggest bands right now was an incredible experience, to do it in Vegas...well that was just surreal."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Media Officer Better Placed Recruitment £18000 - £24000 per annum + benefits, Leeds
- Senior Digital Executive Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £33000.00 per annum, London
- Country Director UK - B2B Marketing Agency PSD Group c£120,000 + package, West of London
- Business Director - Cosmetic FMCG - £65K! Ultimate Asset £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film