Albion London to set up DM agency
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 September 2011 10:30AM
Albion London is launching a standalone direct marketing agency in a bid to offer clients a specialism in digital sales, eCRM and live data.
Called Albion Cell, the agency opens its doors this week with the luxury travel company Jetsetter as its founding client. Jetsetter launched in the US last year and Albion Cell will be responsible for working with the brand to help bring it to the UK market.
Albion Cell will be jointly run by Mark Thompson, Albion's current client services director, and Sue MacLure, who has been poached from Wunderman.
Thompson has been at Albion since 2007, having previously been a business director at the direct marketing agency Targetbase Claydon Heeley. He has also worked at GGT, TBWA\London and Saatchi & Saatchi.
MacLure has been a data consultant at Wunderman for the past nine months. Before that, she was the head of eCRM at EHS Brann and Euro RSCG 4D.
Jason Goodman, the founder and chief executive of Albion, hopes that Albion Cell will provide clients with a fresh way of looking at their direct marketing capabilities.
He said: "We've spent a lot of time with start-ups innovating on the back of live data from social and mobile usage. Albion Cell capitalises on this and will enable our clients to explore new approaches to digitally driven direct and shopper marketing."
In March, Albion expanded overseas for the first time with the launch of a US office. Albion West Coast opened with Air New Zealand as its founding client.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Shopper Marketing - Dusseldorf £45k Fill Recruitment Ltd up to £45k, Dusseldorf
- Senior Digital Account Manager Â– Cracking B2C Brands ADLIB £30k - £40k, Bristol
- Senior Marketing Manager - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency