McCann moves to acquire Meteorite
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 September 2011 10:30AM
McCann Worldgroup is understood to be in talks with the independent direct marketing agency Meteorite over a deal to merge the agency with its MRM London shop.
Agency sources suggested that the deal could be completed as early as next week and is likely to lead to the creation of an agency led by a combination of MRM and Meteorite management.
Mike Cornwell, the chief executive of MRM London, Meteorite's chairman, Hugh Bishop, and its managing director, Debbie Smith, are all expected to have senior roles.
The client lists of the agencies seem complementary, with MRM handling accounts including General Motors, BSkyB and Johnson & Johnson. Meteorite, which has strong digital and social media credentials, works for the likes of Breakthrough Breast Cancer, Homebase and Costa Coffee.
Meteorite was founded 12 years ago and employs around 70 staff. Before launching the agency, Bishop held senior marketing positions at Levi's and Burton Group, while Smith was the managing director of WPP's integrated agency PCG.
The negotiations are the latest indication of an aggressive acquisition drive by McCann Worldgroup. Last month, it acquired the interactive design agency AllofUs, which retained its name but now sits within the McCann London building.
Meteorite and McCann Worldgroup declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Art Director createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Project and Operations Manager BIS Recruit up to £50,000 plus BUPA Share Options free beer breakfasts and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Business Forecaster / Modeller BIS Recruit up to £40,000 plus BUPA, Share Options, free beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account