Asda hires LBi to revamp websites
Asda has appointed LBi to overhaul its online presence and handle its digital advertising strategy.
The agency won the digital account after a pitch process that began in July.
LBi, which is understood to be the supermarket's first dedicated digital agency, will work across the Asda.com, Asda Direct and Asda Financial Services brands as the company looks to increase its online sales.
Asda sells electrical items, furniture, toys and clothing, as well as food and financial products, through the three websites.
Its relationship with Saatchi & Saatchi is unaffected by the appointment.
Asda, which has an "everyday low prices" marketing proposition, is currently engaged in a price war with its supermarket rivals. Last week, Tesco launched its "big price drop" campaign in an effort to win customers from other retailers.
LBi declined to comment on its appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London