Asda hires LBi to revamp websites
Asda has appointed LBi to overhaul its online presence and handle its digital advertising strategy.
The agency won the digital account after a pitch process that began in July.
LBi, which is understood to be the supermarket's first dedicated digital agency, will work across the Asda.com, Asda Direct and Asda Financial Services brands as the company looks to increase its online sales.
Asda sells electrical items, furniture, toys and clothing, as well as food and financial products, through the three websites.
Its relationship with Saatchi & Saatchi is unaffected by the appointment.
Asda, which has an "everyday low prices" marketing proposition, is currently engaged in a price war with its supermarket rivals. Last week, Tesco launched its "big price drop" campaign in an effort to win customers from other retailers.
LBi declined to comment on its appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Marketing Services Manager, Leisure Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'