My YouTube ad of the week: James Hilton, AKQA
Campaign YouTube, Monday, 03 October 2011 09:18AM
James Hilton reviews 'Wonders of the stoner system'
James Hilton, chief creative officer, AKQA
Why I like this
So this is it. My last writing about things I've seen on YouTube. To my reader, I would like to give thanks for their interest over the past six months, and for the single Tweet my hard work generated. To Campaign and YouTube, I would also like to say thank you, but also sorry for consistently ignoring your brief. I can't help it. It's genetic.
During my intermittent tenure in this slot, I've always tried to find stuff that's new(ish), or at least had a low view count that was rising fast. For this one, though, I've chosen one of my all-time favourites. It already has a respectable view count, but nowhere near where it should be, in my opinion.
It is one of the gems of the internet that has only been possible because the web exists. A thing of unparalleled joy that makes YouTube great. This is, and I use this word in all its grandeur, brilliant.
And for no other reason than a flimsy science connection, I leave you with this: One hydrogen atom says to the other hydrogen atom: "I think I've lost an electron." The other hydrogen atom says: "Are you sure?" And the first hydrogen atom replies: "Yes, I'm positive."
Thank you. And goodnight.
This article was first published on Campaign YouTube
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014