OMD appoints Neil Hurman as EMEA chief planning officer
By Sophie Maden, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 October 2011 03:53PM
Neil Hurman, chief operating officer for OMD's Renault Europe account, has been appointed to the new role of chief planning officer for OMD EMEA.
Hurman, who joined the OMD network as a managing partner at Manning Gottlieb OMD, will be responsible for leading OMD’s EMEA strategic communications and planning, reporting to OMD EMEA president Nikki Mendonca.
Hurman spent more than a decade at creative agency Leagas Delaney, where he became a media executive, before joining Trinity Mirror as ad director, and then joining the OMD network in 2003.
Mendonca said: "Neil was instrumental in winning the Renault business as part of the Renault-Nissan European consolidation in 2008 and was immediately appointed to lead the account, driving its operational and strategic success over the last three years.
"As Renault continues to represent a cornerstone of the OMD EMEA business, Neil will continue to lead the strategic communications agenda for them, but will now also extend his considerable expertise across our planning output within the network."
The £650m Renault-Nissan media planning and buying account for Europe, Middle East and Africa, was awarded to OMD from Carat in 2008.
Follow Sophie Maden on Twitter @Sophie_Maden
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Category Executive - FMCG Brand Recruitment £Competitive , Peterborough
- Brand Coordinator Brand Recruitment £20000 - £22000 per annum, Wellingborough
- Digital & CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Client Manager - Digital & Technical to £55k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency