MEC lands £10m Bupa media task
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 October 2011 10:30AM
Bupa is to appoint MEC to handle its £10 million media planning and buying account.
The appointment is expected to follow MEC's success in a final three-way shoot-out against Mindshare and PHD.
The joint incumbents, Starcom MediaVest Group and Carat Manchester (formerly MediaVest Manchester), were involved at an earlier stage. Starcom had handled all of Bupa's offline media for 11 years, while Carat Manchester looked after its digital business.
The review, which was handled by the intermediary ISBA, commenced in August this year.
The health provider spent £3.2 million on TV, £1.7 million on press and more than £2 million on direct marketing activity in the past 12 months, according to Nielsen, with the rest of the spend spread across radio, outdoor and online.
Bupa's media review follows the appointment last year of OgilvyOne to handle its digital and direct marketing activity. WCRS handles the brand's above-the-line advertising. Both accounts are unaffected by the latest media review.
Bupa is yet to announce the result of the ongoing review of its social media business, which it kick-started in July.
Last month, Bupa unveiled its latest TV advertising campaign for its new health insurance product, Bupa By You. The multimillion-pound integrated campaign promotes Bupa By You as an "adaptable" health cover built around people's individual needs.
MEC declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Account Manager Â– Cracking B2C Brands ADLIB £30k - £40k, Bristol
- Senior Marketing Manager - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London
- Global Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Designer become £33K, Central London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency