MEC lands £10m Bupa media task
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 October 2011 10:30AM
Bupa is to appoint MEC to handle its £10 million media planning and buying account.
The appointment is expected to follow MEC's success in a final three-way shoot-out against Mindshare and PHD.
The joint incumbents, Starcom MediaVest Group and Carat Manchester (formerly MediaVest Manchester), were involved at an earlier stage. Starcom had handled all of Bupa's offline media for 11 years, while Carat Manchester looked after its digital business.
The review, which was handled by the intermediary ISBA, commenced in August this year.
The health provider spent £3.2 million on TV, £1.7 million on press and more than £2 million on direct marketing activity in the past 12 months, according to Nielsen, with the rest of the spend spread across radio, outdoor and online.
Bupa's media review follows the appointment last year of OgilvyOne to handle its digital and direct marketing activity. WCRS handles the brand's above-the-line advertising. Both accounts are unaffected by the latest media review.
Bupa is yet to announce the result of the ongoing review of its social media business, which it kick-started in July.
Last month, Bupa unveiled its latest TV advertising campaign for its new health insurance product, Bupa By You. The multimillion-pound integrated campaign promotes Bupa By You as an "adaptable" health cover built around people's individual needs.
MEC declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel